Next: 7.5 Generating a report
Up: 7 Generating reports
Previous: 7.3 Displaying the Reports
From figure 7.3, you can see
that the window is divided into six major
- Report Title
- Enter text that you want
to appear at the top of your report.
- Search Criteria and Results Format
- From this frame, you
tell nxqddb what search results you desire and how to print
the results. This two steps are identical to what you've
already learned from the
(1) expert search section (see section 4.5) and
(2) search results configuration (see section 4.4)
- Listing options
- You can include the Sum, Average,
Standard Deviation, Minimum or Maximum values
for numeric columns.
A ``numeric column'' means that
the attribute must have been defined as ``real'' or ``integer''
in the Schema when you created your database.
- Choose the Printing Options
- You can choose to generate any combination
of reports from (1) Listings, (2) Postcards, (3) Letters, (4) E-mail,
or even (5) Graph and (6) Bar charts.
- Define the report setup
- If you want a specific setup, other than
the default setup you created, you can specify the setup
for each of (1) Letters, (2) Postcards, (3) E-mail,
(4) Graph and (5) Barchart.
- Click the appropriate button
- The last step is to generate
the report by choosing the ``Run report'' button.
Alternatively, you can choose ``Dismiss'' to
tell nxqddb to disregard your input.
Herrin Software Development, Inc.