Next: 3.3 Modifying an entry
Up: 3 Using nxqddb
Previous: 3.1 Adding an entry
In nxqddb, searching for information is fast and easy. Here are the
steps to searching:
- Go to Search Mode by clicking the ``Modes/Search Mode'' menubutton.
- Tab to the field(s) that you want to search on and type in the search value(s).
- Press the Enter key or click the ``Edit/Search'' menubutton.
There are three basic results of a search; these results are described below:
- If there are no matches found, nxqddb will display ``Mo matches found'' in
the status bar. You can then refine your search criteria and try again.
- If there is exactly one match found, the matching
record's information will be displayed in the nxqddb window and the
mode will switch to ``Change Mode'' -- you will then be able to view, modify or
delete the found record.
- If there are two or more matches found, nxqddb will display a listbox containing
all the matches found from your search. You can choose a record to view from the
results listbox window by clicking on the desired record and then clicking the ``Ok'' button
to dismiss the results listbox window.
Please reference chapter 4 for a complete discussion of searching.
Herrin Software Development, Inc.